The flute choir is open to all active participants and is your chance to play in an ensemble, coached and conducted by Sir James. You will be assigned a part on the first day of rehearsal. We ask you to make a commitment to come to all rehearsals and not to switch parts. You are welcome to bring your own low flute to play in the flute choir.
For many students, the flute choir is the highlight of the festival and a fantastic opportunity to perform to a packed audience under the baton of Sir James. In previous years, some of the musical pieces have included:
- BIZET Farandole from L'Arlesienne Suite II
- DAMARE Cleopatra Polka
- HANDEL Arrival of the Queen of Sheeba
- JOPLIN Ragtime Dance
- KERN Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
- MANCINI Pie in the Face Polka
- MONROE Last Rose of Summer, by Monroe
- PACHELBEL Canon in D
- ROSSINI Allegro from Sonata No 3, by Rossini
- WAGNER Under the Double Eagle March
After the flute choir performance on the final evening, an awards ceremony will be held to announce the Rising Stars and head joint winners.
© FOTO HANS EGGERMANN LUZERN